Operation Christmas Child Collection Week
2NDFam!! Join us as we participate in the annual Operation Christmas Child shoebox collection week!
Every year since 1993 Samaritan’s Purse has collected shoebox gifts filled with toys, school supplies, and hygiene items for children around the world. More than 178 million children in more than 150 countries have received an Operation Christmas Child shoebox. The project delivers not only the joy of what, for many kids, is their first gift ever, but also gives them a tangible expression of God’s love.
1) Start with an average-size cardboard or plastic shoebox. If you want to wrap it, cover the box and lid separately (Get your shoe box from the church lobby)
2) Decide whether you will pack a box for a girl or a boy, and the age category: 2–4, 5–9, or 10–14. (Grab your labels from the lobby)
3) Select a medium to large “wow” item such as a soccer ball with pump or stuffed animal, then fill with other fun toys, hygiene items, and school supplies. (Visit the GO Store for all your needed items)
4) Most importantly, pray for the child who will receive your gift. You can also include a personal note and photo.
5) Donate $9 online and receive a label to Follow Your Box and discover the destination of your shoebox gift.
6) Bring your shoebox back to church the week of November 14-20
Pay $10 for shipping here